Friday, July 8, 2011

Home safe!

The weirdest thing happened last night: I got into one car, Jessie got into another, and we went our separate ways. As in, I am not currently just a few feet away from Jess, but several miles from her. Like I said, weird...
I was afraid, at first, that our separation would leave me with the sense of having a phantom appendage after an amputation, rendering me awkward in other company, talking to a friend who wasn't there, offering to split an ice cream cone with empty space, reminding the air to grab the key before leaving the house, and asking no one in particular if they had an extra 20 cents to round out an exact payment. So far, though, I have adhered to reality and directed my comments and questions toward people who are actually somewhere within close proximity of my person. I am sure Jessie is, as always, infinitely more connected to reality, so I feel confident in claiming that she is fairing just as well even though I have not spoken to her in *gasp* 8 hours.

In short, Jess and I are home, safe and happy and ready to translate our experiences in Spain to new ways of living at home (especially in terms of our culinary pursuits). As I have time in the next few days, I will finish editing posts that I did not finish while in Spain and publish them to the blog. Sorry for letting the posts get out of order, but as the trip came to an end, good wifi connections became harder to find and our time in Spain felt ever more precious. It was hard to stick to anything like a publishing schedule then.

Thanks for making our trip that much more fulfilling by sharing your comments with us by blog and email. For my part, at least, I would love an excuse to stay in touch, so if you have requests for more stories, photos, or anything else, please continue to contact me/us via email.

~ Chase =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Clock