Navigating Spanish cities is not the kind of thing I will miss after leaving Spain, but it goes a long way in making me appreciate a slow, unhurried, fearless walk through breezy alleys and sunny plazas - even if that walk is burdened with heavy bags and no more oriented than the preceding drive. Jessica and I should plan to add at least an hour to every trip between cities in the interval between when we arrive in the city and when we check into our hostel. We spend about that much time working out where we have gotten ourselves to, how to get where we need to go, and parking - not always in that order, and not always in a linear procession.
Fortunately, we are ready to laugh our way through a good bit of the turmoil, and no one has yet threatened to buy an early plane ticket home or, worse, threatened to put the other of us on that plane.
Here is a pic of our hostel room - quite nice, I think - and since this is the first time I've posted a blog entry with my phone, I have no idea where in the entry the photo will show up. We'll get pics of the food and city this afternoon. Any requests for particular photos or entries will be at least entertained, hopefully fulfilled.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Just arrived in Pamplona
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment